Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

September 4 was our 3rd year Wedding Anniversary. I can't believe it's already been 3 years. And our lives have changed so much. We've both changed careers and am back to the same career we were at before. We've lost a dog and adopted a new one. And of course we had a baby boy.

To celebrate, we kept it pretty low key. We went to eat sushi since I haven't had it in about a year and was finally in the mood for some raw fish. Wilson's mom kindly watched Anderson while we celebrated with dinner by ourselves. Leaving Anderson with someone else for the first time was difficult for me. I've left him plenty of times with Wilson but it's different with anybody outside of us, even if it is family. It was really tough but I know I need to let go.

Marriage for both of us has been really great so far. Not to say it hasn't been work. We're always working on our relationship but I think that's why it's so great. We are very different people with different personalities, interests, thoughts, views, etc... But in the end we've found that these differences help us complement each other. And we've figured out what works for us. To borrow a quote used in one of my favorite blogs Metrodad (which is a hilarious blog about the trials and tribulations of a dad in NYC):

As the great American philosopher Rocky Balboa once said, "I got gaps; you got gaps; we fill each other's gaps."

No comments: