Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Monterey

In the middle of March, my mom, Anderson and I headed down to Monterey. I had a Genetics conference down there and they joined me for the little vacation. It was a little cool but really beautiful. All of us had a great time being in the sun, seeing the ocean, showing Anderson the birds, water and sea otters. He was just fascinated by everything. He even got to touch the Pacific Ocean for the first time (it didn't go well in case you were wondering. The Pacific Ocean is very, very cold.) It was fun seeing how he excited he was about everything and being able to see things through his eyes. I was there for work so I was in meetings for about 6 hours a day, but I did have breaks in the middle of the day where we would go for lunch and head out to Monterey or Carmel and just see the sights. It was really great just spending time with Anderson and Grandma. Grandma taught him a bunch of new things (kicking the ball, clapping different objects together). Here are some pics from the trip.

My mom, Anderson and I in Pacific Grove


Anderson about to touch the Pacific Ocean for the first time. "Careful Grandma! I hear this ocean is cold!"



Anderson and I on the beach (As a side note, we quickly learned that Anderson's lack of hair means that he must wear a hat on sunny days. Poor little guy has no hair to protect his head)

Grandma and Anderson at Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey

And lastly, in case you didn't know, this is how Anderson rolls in his stroller
"Laid back. With my mind on my money and my money on my mind."

No comments: