Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

My First Mother's Day! For my first Mother's Day I got the best of both worlds. I got a little time to myself which I spent getting a pedicure. And I got to spend some quality time with my family painting some pottery. On Saturday, Wilson took the little guy out while I got some me time and decided to pamper myself with a pedicure. Sunday morning I got to sleep in!!!! A gift in itself! The boys made breakfast for me and presented me with my gift. One they had made together and one that Anderson made at school.

The boys made this mug for me and filled it with some wonderful chocolates. It says "Anderson's Mom"


And this is what Anderson made a school on Friday for me. Yup, that flower doubles as a pen!

I love them. I truly truly love them. I used to wrestle with what to get my own mother for mother's day (I still do) but after receiving these gifts, the ones made with thought and love, I really do appreciate them. And after being a mom for almost a year now, I realize that there is nothing I could do or say to tell my mom how thankful I am for everything she's done for me. Being a mom is by far the toughest thing that I have done and ever will do. Nobody gives them enough credit for all they do. I have learned so much about myself and grown so much over this past year. Your life really does change on a dime and I wouldn't have it any other way. It is the hardest job, the most thankless job, most selfless job but what you get in return is priceless. It really is. When your little child turns to you, gives you a big grin and a hug, you realize that there isn't anything that you wouldn't do for them.

Later, we met Aunt Sonja, Uncle Paul, Nai-Nai, and Paul's mom and aunt at a pottery painting place for more QT (quality time).




No comments: