Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Why is your baby so small?

If you can believe it, someone did actually ask me that. It was last week when Anderson was 5 weeks old. Our friends Chad and Shana and their 5 month old son Aaron came to visit us. We all went out to lunch where the hostess ooh and awwed over our babies and asked us how old they were. Again, more oohing and awwing. Lunch went pretty well, but towards the end, Anderson started fussing and so I picked him up and started walking. Since the entrance to the restaurant where everyone waits was empty, I started pacing there as he started calming down. Then the hostess comes to see my baby again and I am happy to oblige since no mother can ever get enough of someone telling her how cute her baby is. But then she says "Why is your baby so small?" I respond, "Oh, he's only 5 weeks." To which she then replies, "I know. But why is your baby so small??" I look at her befuddled and very offended! Don't talk about my baby like that! He is not too small! I quickly responded that he was born 2.5 weeks early, a response she seemed satisfied with, and quickly left. If you're going to insult my baby, then you can no longer look at him!!

The funny thing is, I think my baby is so big now! And that every other baby I see has come from the land of the Jolly Green Giant.

Case in point - Aaron, Chad and Shana's son, looks huge to me. Yes, I understand that he is 4 months older than Anderson and a normal sized baby and maybe even a little tall for his age. Look at how small my guy looks compared to Aaron. I'm also seeing how tan he looks!


Here's one pic of father and son:



Oh, and by the way, my baby is not small. You're just too big!

No comments: