Saturday, October 11, 2008

All By Myself...

Four full days and three long nights by myself and I survived. Wilson went to Minneapolis for work and I was left to hold down the fort myself. Needless to say, I was scared. I was nervous. I was scared for what Wilson would have to come back to. Would he come back to his wife, knocked out on the floor while Sammy held up Anderson's arms in victory, declaring him the winner? Sadly, this is what I imagined might happen.

Sorry to disappoint, but that scene never took place. Monday was fine. Felt like any other day. Then little by little, I started to fade. Tuesday, I was feeling a little tired but kept up my spirit. Wednesday, I started to count the hours that I had left till Wilson came back. By Thursday, I was waving the white flag. But I survived to live another day.

The best part of this story though is what Wilson did when he got home. As my reward for making it through the week, he treated me to a day at the spa. It was amazing and so relaxing. Definitely what I needed after a long week. Wilson definitely deserves extra brownie points for this. It was extremely thoughtful of him and is one of the many reasons why he's a truly great husband. And a truly great father. It wouldn't be so bad if Anderson turned out exactly like his dad.

No comments: