Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2008 Year in Review

Happy New Year everyone! Unfortunately, ringing in the new year this year was mighty uneventful. I was sick with the flu and thus ended up sleeping through New Year's (for the second year in a row!). Wilson was the only one who stayed up and I hear he celebrated by drinking some wine and watching "Ku-Fu Panda." Are we a bunch of crazy folks or what?! New Year's Day, both Wilson and Anderson woke up with a fever. So, it has not been a fun 2009 thus far. But, I am happy to report that we are all better!

Needless to say, 2008 was a BIG year for us with lots of life changes - for the better obviously. I will always remember 2008 as the year our little son became a part of our lives but I do want to remember other things that happened. So, here is my best attempt at a year in review:

2008:

January: At the beginning of the month, there was a huge storm that knocked over the fence in our backyard. This storm also caused leaks in our office.

February: We celebrated my 30th birthday by having a nice little weekend in Monterey.

March: We found out we were having a boy! We also celebrated Sammy's 1st birthday with us (meaning he has been in our family for 1 year).

April: Wilson finally finishes rebuilding the fence, which we nickname the Great Wall of China. We also travel to Seattle to visit my brother and some friends.

May: We have our baby shower and get to catch up with a lot of old friends.

June: I wrap up work and start my maternity leave at the end of the month. Wilson goes to Texas for a business trip while I promise to hold the baby in until after he returns. We also attend Matt & Christy's wedding in Lake Tahoe.

July: On my 6th day of maternity leave, my water breaks during a Bravo marathon of "Flipping Out." It is the hottest week of the year. There is a baby boom at Sutter Roseville. Anderson William Jang makes his appearance on July 9, 2008 at 4:56am and both mom and dad are instantly in love.

August: Wilson's birthday is sadly lost in the hubub of having a new child but we did exchange presents at the end of the month. He gets a bottle of his most favorite ranch in the world - the ranch dressing from the Cheesecake Factory. Unfortunately, since it is made fresh daily and doesn't have any preservatives, the Ranch dressing is only good for a week. Thus, for the next week, Ranch is used on EVERYTHING.

September: My parents and brother come to visit Anderson. He is now 2 months old and getting cuter by the day! Wilson and I also celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary.

October: We take our first trip as a family and head down to San Luis Obispo to visit our friend Brant, Jessica and their daughter Haley. I also survive Wilson going on his first business trip since Anderson being born and live to see another day after caring for our child all by myself for a week. Anderson also visits the pumpkin patch for the first time (which he slept through). We spend Halloween with the Kooymans and take Anderson trick or treating (which he also slept through halfway). He is a monkey for Halloween.

November: We host a small Thanksgiving at our house. Anderson rolls over from his Tummy to back for the first time!

December: We all go to Chicago for Christmas and spend a week there with my family. We go to our first Bears game ever. Anderson rolls from his back to his tummy for the first time on Christmas day. He then proceeds to log roll across the living room floor. He also starts eating solids around 5 months.

No comments: