Friday, July 24, 2009

Dream Kitchen

One day, in the far, far, far future, we will have our dream house. I think about it, daydream about it, shop for furniture and decor for my dream house and collect pictures of inspiration. Wilson and I have pretty similar tastes but sometimes they do differ and then we tweak the vision of our house.

Anyway, we have collected a few pictures and want to put them in a safe place so they will not be lost and I thought I'd post it here so it could be easily searched. And perhaps, by seeing these pictures, you will learn more about us and the way we live.

Without much further ado, here is the kitchen (You'll need to click on the picture to see the whole thing. The picture was too large to fit into the small spot blogspot gives you for pictures)




It's perfect. We love everything about it. The white cabinets, the dark, wide plank floors, the lighting. We're ready to move in. Well, I could do without those plates on the wall. And, I'd like this backsplash. Still white subway tile but laid in a different way that makes it a little more interesting.




I also really like the look and functionality of the shelves here


We're currently debating on whether or not to have a black or white/gray marble countertop. Wilson wants black to give it contrast. I seem to flip-flop.

No comments: