Monday, March 1, 2010

Graphic Faux Wallpaper



Did I mention that I'm obsessed with home decorating blogs? Well, I am. I have so many in my Google Reader and am constantly adding to my list that it takes me quite a bit of time to go through all of it. Anyway, awhile back, I saw a post on stenciling in Little Green Notebook that got me all worked out. I looked up stencils but it was a little pricey and all I would want would be a simple trellis pattern or something. Nothing fancy and everything out there seemed to be fancy.

Then I came across a new blog (or new to me): 3 men and a lady in which she posted that a reader had taken her idea of faux wallpaper and created it by taping a pattery on the wall and painting it. I love it! Of course I could never do anything that bold in color, but I'm thinking a nice grey and white pattern would be so nice for a bathroom or something. A small room with a lot of impact!

From Three Little Birds

Also, while perusing this blog, I cam across this photo:

The only thing that strikes me in this photo is the throw pillow behind the little girl. I would LOVE that fabric to make the bed skirt for the baby girl! Now I just have to hit the internet to find something similar!

1 comment:

AKY said...

What design blogs do you follow. Send me a few as i would like to get some in my google reader. Also, if you have a goole reader app for your phone, its fantastic!