Thursday, March 4, 2010

Treasure Hunting on Craigslist

I've been stalking craigslist lately to find a new dresser for either Anderson or the baby girl. And when I say "stalking," I mean STALKING. The craigslist tab is always in my browser at work and I'm hitting refresh every minute. I also browse around to see what other furniture is out there since I've seen so many other bloggers get such great deals on things, refinish them and the pieces are gorgeous. I'm not even looking for for a dining room table (well, I would if I had space for one!) but the title of "Retro Dining Rm Table, 6 Chairs, Buffet $300" caught my eye.

I clicked and .... I want it. Okay, I know it doesn't look like much, but think of the potential. It is solid wood so it could easily be sanded down and stained a darker wood color. The chairs are interesting and has a nice patterned back to it and the chair cushions could easily be reupholstered with a more graphic print.


And what about this buffet? I have dreams of painting it (not sure what color) and having it as a TV console! Like this one here.

All this for $300! (Plus some new sandpaper, paint, stain, fabric, elbow grease....which means - All this for $400!)

No comments: