Monday, March 1, 2010

Project: Farmhouse Bed Part III

Like I said earlier, Wilson was able to put in a few hours this weekend to finish up the bed for Anderson.
Welcome to my workshop!


Checking to see if it's level....looks good!


Headboard and footboard complete and level. You can see from this picture that the headboard is really high. This is when we decided to trim off 5 inches from the headboard to make it more proportional.


There, looks better huh? Side rails are up and attached! Bed is complete! There are two pieces of trim attached to the side rails that will hide the rails but I wasn't able to get a picture of it before Wilson took it down. But rest assured that the side rails (what the bed actually sits on) won't be visible.



All that's left is some priming and painting. We're planning to paint the bed a navy blue, much like the Pottery Barn Kids bed. And here are the sheets that I picked up this weekend to make the duvet. As you can see, it's mostly white with multi-colored stripes that will brighten up his room. (What is it with me and stripes??) I was thinking about using some red piping along the edge of the duvet to give it a little more design aspect. I'm hoping I can pull it off!

1 comment:

AKY said...

I really like the sheets you picked out for andersons bed. Also, good to see that Wilson upgraded to a sweater. Julie was saying after the previous posts how she didnt understand how one coudl wear two t-shirts.