Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Holidays

Oh, the holidays. Seemed like it came and went and it was all a blur. I actually don't remember too much about it except that it was busy and stressful. So busy that we didn't even get a chance to send out holiday cards this year. I thought "oh well. Maybe I'll just send a holiday e-mail." Didn't get to that either.

Thanksgiving was spent with our brother-in-law's parents. I made my family's famous ham (which we make every year), a few side dishes and two desserts. Yum. I love Thanksgiving. I love the food of Thanksgiving. That's real reason I love it. Plus, it's a tradition.

The day after Thanksgiving we didn't wake up early. We just woke up at the usual time and decided to head out to see what deals we could get. To our surprise, we ended up getting ALL the deals we were looking for! We weren't looking for anything crazy like a 50" TV for $200 or anything. It was more like a play shopping cart and a Radio Flyer tricycle for Anderson, some sawhorses, a tool box, a wet-vac and other goodies for Wilson. Wilson made out like a bandit that day and basically got everything I had thought of for Christmas. I got nada. Nothing. But that's okay. I didn't really need/want anything.

For Christmas, we stayed here in Sacramento and celebrated with family at our house. Our tree was filled with presents! All for Anderson of course. I think there were a few here and there for us and our other family members but it was Anderson who made out like a bandit this time. He got all sorts of things and he loved. Here are some pics:




We did go to a Christmas service that was geared for kids of the elementary school age. Not too much of a message or sermon but there was lots of singing and dancing and a short play to show the Christmas story. Anderson LOVED it! He was thoroughly entertained for one whole hour. Not a small feat for such a young boy. I'm hoping they will have a similar show next year. Maybe even one for Easter.

For New Year's, we headed down to San Luis Obispo to spend some time with friends. It was actually a gorgeous few days down there. Sunny and warm! So warm, that Anderson took a little nap in his stroller (which he never does these days)


But promptly woke up so he could have lunch with mama.




1 comment: