Friday, February 26, 2010

Stripes again!

I realize all these home decorating posts might be boring for most of you, but for me, it gives me a place to post all the ideas I find throughout the day without having to remember where I found them. And it also gives me a chance to get some feedback from other people should you choose to put in your two cents.

So, I think I'm going to go ahead and go forward with the light Tiffany blue wide stripes for the baby girl's room. I love it and feedback from it has been really positive. I've been thinking about curtains and was wondering if a print on a curtain would be too much with such a graphic wall? This morning, going through Google reader, I came across this picture which surprisingly is pretty close to the color scheme that I am imagining in my head for the room! I'd also add some pops of yellow and pink in there to though. But looking at these curtains, I've been seeing this trend pop up in many places. They are basically just white curtains with ribbons of color on the edges. This might be a nice way to tie in some color without it being too much for the room. And another bonus would that it would be really easy (and cheap) to make! I'd just go and buy some white cutains at Ikea and sew (or use fabric glue) some ribbons onto the edges. Easy, peasy.


House and Home via Emily A. Clark

No comments: