Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Make It Work

So now that I have confirmation of 3 people reading the blog (yay!), I'm going to put you to work. We're expecting a little girl as you all know. Although Anderson's room is pretty neutral, we'd like to priss it up a bit and make it a little more girly. We'll move Anderson out to his own big boy room and move the little one in. Currently, the room is painted green, almost like a pear green. We intend to keep it that way because it's just less work for us and....we're going to make it work. So what goes with green? PINK! I spent a lot of time and money on the bumper and it's going to stay. I was thinking that I'd just make her a new crib skirt and new curtains to bring in some pink (or other colors) to make it more girly.



The bumper looks like this (with the wall color very similar):





We also have a yellow glider/recliner with dark colored crib and dresser in the room.

So now I just need to find fabric from a crib skirt and curtains. I'd like the curtains to have some green in it to help pull everything together. I think it would be weird to have a mostly pink fabric on a green wall. In my head it would look weird. I'd need some touches of green in it to pull the room together. The crib skirt could be pretty basic to me since it probably won't be used for very long. Once we lower the crib it isn't even seen. I would like the curtain fabric to last a long time since I have to spend more money on it (only because it's more fabric) and I don't want to have to spend time and money making new curtains 2 years from now. I guess I mean I'd like it to be able to grow with her so that even though I change her bedding once she moves to a real bed, I won't hae to change her curtains (but I guess it would be okay to do so. It would be nice to not have to.) So...what are your choices?? Some are in my price range, some aren't. I'm mainly going for a "look" or direction. I could always look around to find something similar that IS within my price range or try to find it on a different site/discount site. So, just give your opinion on the look.


(May be too busy)









(Probably for a crib skirt)



(I actually wouldn't mind this for either curtains or a crib skirt)


(Not sure if I like the unevenness of the dots)



(Hmmm..I think this pink is too bright. But I do like the pattern)



The more I look at this, the more I really like it. Plus, it could help tie in the small amount of blue that is on the border of the crib bumper.

(I think it's a cute fabric, but not sure if it's really curtain material. Plus, since the bumper has animals on it, not sure how cherries would fit in)


Option 11:

(Again, more for a crib skirt that curtains. I don't want stripes for curtains)



(I like the pattern and the pink and green but the background looks a little yellow to me. Not sure if I like that)

It's actually nice for me to see it all like this since all I have are links in one of my emails. So, what do you think? All comments and suggestions are encouraged and welcome! And get your friends to voice their opinion too.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

like option 4 and 9. 4 will probably go a long way, but you're right that 9 ties the blue in nicely so you're not limited to a 2 color scheme.