Monday, February 22, 2010

Making It Work II


While I'm sitting here waiting for Turbo Tax to install, I thought I'd come back and update on the situation. First of all, thank you to all of those who responded and put in their opinion on the fabric choices. It really does help.

But, as far as curtains go, I think I may have found an easy way out. In perusing the Ikea website, I found two options that weren't so bad, and they are a lot cheaper than what I could make it for. Sure, I'd have to line them myself, but it's still cheaper than the $7-13 per yard fabric I was looking at! (And needing about 7-8 yards! Yikes!)

Here are the two that I like:

#1:


#2:What do you think? No, they are not perfect, but for $20 (or $30) I won't feel horrible changing them in a couple of years when she moves to a big girl bed and gets all new bedding (which is what Anderson is currently going through. Whole other story!). Getting fabric to line these curtains won't be too much either. Maybe another $10-15??

I'm still going to need to make a new crib skirt and the top contenders are still down below. I just have to find time to actually GO to the Ikea to look at these in person and pick which one I like the best. Then I'll see what fabric for the crib skirt will look better. To be honest, it's kind of a relief that I won't be making curtains. Not that it's hard or terribly time consuming, but it's still one more thing on my to-do list. I'd have to line these to make sure the room is dark enough for the little girl, but that'll be easy.

2 comments:

LadyPi said...

I can't really see the pattern in #2. Do you have a closer picture?

Abigail Jang said...

Unfortunately, I do not have a closer picture as that is the enlarged pic from the Ikea website. I'll have to go there myself to see if it'll work. But....I'm thinking about changing everything. More later.