Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rethinking the Green




So, I remember saying that the baby girl's room was going to be green to match the currently existing bumper. But then I saw this from Ohdeedoh and I am in love:

If you recall, we did tone on tone stripes for our guest bathroom and loved the way it turned out. So it doesn't surprise me that I love this as well. I also love the pops of yellow and think it the green (pear colored) bumper we currently have would look really nice against this light Tiffany blue striped wall. And, the pop of yellow we already have! Our glider is a nice sunny yellow which you can see in this picture


I was even planning on doing those paper dahlias as a mobile, just like they have in the picture. I thought about doing it in pink and yellow. I don't know, I'm really leaning towards this room. It just speaks to me. I love the color and feel like I have been drawn to the turquoise/pear green palette as I've been looking for bedding for both kids and have felt that it is really "fresh" feeling. I opened up my Google reader this morning and saw this which I think would be such a nice accessory to the room! So cute and would be so easy to do!

Of course this would mean that I would have to look for all new fabrics for the crib skirt and curtains (maybe I could go with the white curtains with pink and yellow swirls from Ikea) but since I haven't done anything yet or made any real decisions, that's okay. And I've got time. Thoughts?

I also just wanted to say thank you for all the people that have left comments! It's really nice to know that people are reading along.

No comments: